< < < Back to Employment Opportunities
Database & Evaluation Coordinator
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Special Projects and Strategic Initiatives
The Arab-American Family Support Center (AAFSC) is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization established in 1994 to provide culturally and linguistically competent, trauma-informed social services. Across our eight locations, we empower immigrants and refugees with the tools they need to successfully acclimate to the world around them and become active participants in the community. While we support anyone who walks through our doors, over nearly 25 years, we have developed expertise in serving the Arab, Middle Eastern, Muslim, and South Asian (AMEMSA) immigrant and refugee communities.
AAFSC works across four priority areas—Promote, Get Ready, Prevent, and Communicate—to achieve our ultimate goal of strengthening families. AAFSC promotes mental and physical wellbeing, food security, healthy relationships, and family reunification. We get our families ready to succeed, work, and lead productive lives. We prevent domestic violence, child abuse, and neglect by counseling families, offering case management services to victims of violence, and cultivating healthy relationship skills in young people. Finally, AAFSC communicates the needs of the marginalized, amplifying their voices for increased impact.
The Database and Evaluation Coordinator provides support for the Arab-American Family Support Center’s data management, program evaluation, research, and reporting needs. The Database and Evaluation Coordinator’s primary responsibility is the administration and oversight of program databases, including government, funder, and internal systems. This position supports all aspects of managing internal and external database systems, including staff account management, system troubleshooting and revisions, quality assurance and control, and the provision of related staff support and training. This role provides support for AAFSC’s program evaluation and reporting needs by ensuring that the systems are serving its purposes related to capturing data and reporting impact.
In addition to overseeing day-to-day database administration, quality assurance, and staff support and training, the Database and Evaluation Coordinator will provide support to AAFSC’s evaluation and research initiatives. This position will coordinate with AAFSC’s Senior Director of Special Projects and Strategic Initiatives to plan and conduct internal evaluation and research projects for new and existing programs, including developing evaluation plans, coordinating data collection and interpretation, and communicating qualitative and quantitative findings.
The person in this role will be organized, have high attention to detail, maintain confidentiality and act with the utmost discretion to support AAFSC’s priority areas as well as act as an ambassador & champion of AAFSC. A commitment to immigrant, refugee and low-income communities is essential for this role.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee account management activities and provides technical support to end-users of all program databases, including government, funder, and internal systems.
- Liaise with government database staff, funder database staff, and software vendor staff to report and resolve system issues and bugs.
- Coordinate with program leadership to implement revisions to the systems as required by evolving programmatic or reporting needs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new features and functionalities in databases.
Evaluation & Research
- Actively participate in and influence discussions around reporting requirements, data collection, data visualization and data analysis.
- Coordinate the design and administration of surveys by supporting the planning, reviews, editing, and interface of the survey on technology platforms (e.g., Survey Monkey).
- Assist with the design of research protocols.
- Assist with gathering, organizing/categorizing, and maintaining all evaluation and research data and files.
- Follow up with individuals and programs for information relevant to evaluation and research projects, as needed.
- Prepare materials for, and participate in and/or conduct meetings, interviews, and focus groups.
- In collaboration with Director of Special Projects and Strategic Initiatives, identify research and evaluation findings and make recommendations.
- Collaborate with program leadership to develop and implement quality assurance (QA) processes to identify and resolve recurring data quality and data integrity issues.
- Develop and manage schedule of quality assurance activities.
- Design and build custom reports in databases for quality assurance, program and performance management, and grant management purposes.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for data collection improvements.
- Document data quality standards and quality assurance processes.
Staff Support & Training
- Provide ongoing training and support to staff on data collection responsibilities and processes.
- Develop, implement and enforce data management and security policies using industry best practices.
- Manage technical training resources and develops new materials as needed.
- Provide additional or ongoing training and support to staff as required.
Ambassador & Champion
- Every AAFSC team member serves as an ambassador of the organization and champion of AAFSC’s mission, vision and values. This includes the following:
- Cultivate relationships on behalf of and in support of the organization in partnership with Senior Leadership and the Development & Communications team. This includes being sensitive to and aware of others, providing every client, partner and participant with high-quality service, professional communication, and follow through, and always keeping Senior Leadership and the Development & Communications team aware of any opportunities, challenges, or updates.
- All team members are expected to support the Development and Communications team with any requests in a timely manner, including, but not limited to: grant applications, reports, attendance at meetings, hearings, or other events, and sharing of AAFSC social media, flyers, and other externally-facing communications.
- Always act with integrity, positivity, dedication, and professionalism within the office and externally. This includes, but is not limited to, email communication, verbal communication, communication with colleagues and peers, communication with clients, or communication with external partners or agencies.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in AAFSC meetings and trainings, as well as any off-site meetings and trainings assigned by supervisor.
- Perform other duties assigned as necessary.
BACKGROUND & POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least one year of professional experience, preferably in a non-profit, start-up, or resource constrained setting.
- Experience with database management, including creating reports.
- Research and/or evaluation experience that includes data collection (e.g. through surveys), data analysis (quantitative or qualitative), and data visualization (e.g. with software like Excel, Tableau, or Hive).
- Track record of measurably improving processes and/or outcomes.
- Experience tracking and analyzing data to identify best practices and opportunities for improvement, which will translate to distilling lessons for inclusion in grant proposals or corrective action at AAFSC
- Excellent writing and editing skills; strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office products, CRM, and databases.
- Able to properly and accurately maintain electronic filing systems.
- Able to thrive in a busy work environment, be innovative, and make decisions independently.
- Must be able to exercise initiative, independent good judgment, flexibility, discretion, and solid decision-making.
- Positive, can-do attitude with ability to hit the ground running.
- Must be able to maintain client confidentiality.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with all layers of the organization.
- Passion for AAFSC’s mission and vision.
- U.S. Work Authorization required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume, cover letter outlining your fit for this position, and a list of three references (not family members) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.