< < < Back to Employment Opportunities
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
The Arab-American Family Support Center (AAFSC) is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization established in 1994 to provide culturally and linguistically competent, trauma-informed social services. Across our eight locations, we empower immigrants and refugees with the tools they need to successfully acclimate to the world around them and become active participants in the community. While we support anyone who walks through our doors, over nearly 25 years, we have developed expertise in serving the Arab, Middle Eastern, Muslim, and South Asian (AMEMSA) immigrant and refugee communities.
AAFSC works across four priority areas—Promote, Get Ready, Prevent, and Communicate—to achieve our ultimate goal of strengthening families. AAFSC promotes mental and physical wellbeing, food security, healthy relationships, and family reunification. We get our families ready to succeed, work, and lead productive lives. We prevent domestic violence, child abuse, and neglect by counseling families, offering case management services to victims of violence, and cultivating healthy relationship skills in young people. Finally, AAFSC communicates the needs of the marginalized, amplifying their voices for increased impact.
The Operations Associate will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, safety and security. The Operations Associate is responsible for supporting intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures and inventory control. The ideal candidate is an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats and is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. This person must be able to work independently, and demonstrate that they are well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a dynamic and diverse workplace. A commitment to immigrant, refugee, and low-income communities is essential for success in this role.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support team with supply maintenance and requisition, equipment, bills and errands, as well as developing, implementing, and codifying in writing the appropriate policies, procedures and protocols to support these day-to-day functions or other Operations functions.
- Maintain list of updates needed for technological infrastructure, hardware, and software to support all AAFSC employees.
- Support office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored.
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers.
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems.
- Use critical thinking skills and information gathered to suggest procedures and standards to guide the efficient operations of the office.
- Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping and ensure filing systems are maintained and current.
- Analyze and monitor internal processes.
- Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency.
- Implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency.
- Ensure that results are measured against standards, while making necessary changes along the way.
- Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep the management properly informed.
- Determine current trends and provide a review to management to act on.
- Develop, execute and supervise plans, policies, and practices that control, protect and enhance the value of organizational data and information assets throughout their life cycles.
- Recommend physical infrastructure updates as the organization scales to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of our high-impact organization.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the organization to facilitate other business operations by:
- Following up periodically on data integrity and the effectiveness and efficiency of chosen information management, financial management, and human resource systems
- Ensure that organizational, financial, personnel, and business administration data is available, accurate, complete and secure.
- Support adherence across the organization to all operations standards developed.
Team & Office Support
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Responsible for creating PowerPoint slides and making presentations.
- Manage executives’ schedules, calendars and appointments.
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events.
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
Ambassador & Champion
- Every AAFSC team member serves as an ambassador of the organization and champion of AAFSC’s mission, vision and values. This includes the following:
- Cultivate relationships on behalf of and in support of the organization in partnership with Senior Leadership and the Development & Communications team. This includes being sensitive to and aware of others, providing every client, partner and participant with high-quality service, professional communication, and follow through, and always keeping Senior Leadership and the Development & Communications team aware of any opportunities, challenges, or updates.
- All team members are expected to support the Development and Communications team with any requests in a timely manner, including, but not limited to: grant applications, reports, attendance at meetings, hearings, or other events, and sharing of AAFSC social media, flyers, and other externally-facing communications.
- Always act with integrity, positivity, dedication, and professionalism within the office and externally. This includes, but is not limited to, email communication, verbal communication, communication with colleagues and peers, communication with clients, or communication with external partners or agencies.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in AAFSC meetings and internal and external trainings.
- Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, joining professional associations, building networks with fellow professionals and reviewing of industry publications.
- Perform other duties assigned by Supervisor, COO and President & CEO.
BACKGROUND & POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong writing and communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, follow-up, and administrative skills with attention to detail.
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, and as a part of a team, in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume, cover letter outlining your fit for this position, and a list of three references (not family members) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.