« Back to Employment Opportunities
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Program Supervisor
Salary: $38,000 – $42,000 a year
To provide case planning, case work, and case management services to at-risk families experiencing personal/marital/relationship problems, financial stressors, acculturation issues, family destabilization, and/or parent/child conflict. Provide intensive preventive services to avoid foster care placement and ensure the safety and welfare of children in the home. Provide the family with services according to ACS standards and requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts home visits and office visits to assess for child safety and risk.
- Evaluate and assess the current family functioning including child safety and home safety, then formulating the service plan, goals and a treatment plan with the family defining with them the family strengths and needed services.
- Provide case work/case management services to families receiving Preventive Services; Counseling clients individually and as a family focusing on goals and tasks to improve family relationships, coping skills, life management and functioning
- Advocate for the family linking them to needed services in the community: medical, mental health, entitlements, day care, home health aide, substance abuse treatment, anger management, etc. and follow up to monitor participation and progress
- Comply with ACS requirements for face-to-face contacts making home visits at least monthly and accompanying participants to appointments
- Attend training provided by ACS/other organization as required
- Complete all documents required by ACS in a timely manner including but not limited to FASPs and progress notes in a manner that reflects the progress or lack thereof, and the reaction of the family to services during the review period or contact
- Complete all ACS and internal forms required for case opening and closing as well as obtain consents and forms needed for other case activities.
- Obtain and maintain collateral contacts with all other service providers including school and medical reports on a regular basis.
- Comply with all data entry requirements for database systems inputting information in a timely manner.
- Provide case coverage in the absence of a co-worker
- Attend internal meetings as scheduled collaborating with the multidisciplinary team
- Assist in preparation for City or other audits related to the program operation and delivery of services
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Ambassador and Champion
- Every AAFSC team member serves as an ambassador of the organization and champion of AAFSC’s mission, vision and values. This includes the following:
- Cultivate relationships on behalf of and in support of the organization in partnership with Senior Leadership and the Development & Communications team. This includes being sensitive to and aware of others, providing every client, partner and participant with high-quality service, professional communication, and follow through, and always keeping Senior Leadership and the Development & Communications team aware of any opportunities, challenges, or updates.
- All team members are expected to support the Development and Communications team with any requests in a timely manner, including, but not limited to: grant applications, reports, attendance at meetings, hearings, or other events, and sharing of AAFSC social media, flyers, and other externally-facing communications.
- Always act with integrity, positivity, dedication, and professionalism within the office and externally. This includes, but is not limited to, email communication, verbal communication, communication with colleagues and peers, communication with clients, or communication with external partners or agencies.
Background and Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bilingual fluency in Bengali/Bangla preferred.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Ability to multi-task is important.
- Ability to learn and incorporate new skill sets is imperative.
- Experience in social services, child welfare or mental health a plus.
- Experience working with immigrant populations preferred.
- Cultural competency and sensitivity.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- U.S. Work Authorization required.
- 12 sick days
- 5 floating holidays
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 vacation days per year (up to third year of employment); 20 vacation days per year after 3 years of employment
- After 3 months, eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance (individual is fully covered at 100%; additional family is covered by employee under or outside of plan)
- 403b Plan
- Commuter Benefits Plan
- Voluntary Aflac Coverage
The Arab-American Family Support Center (AAFSC) is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization established in 1994 to provide culturally and linguistically competent, trauma-informed social services. Across our eight locations, we empower immigrants and refugees with the tools they need to successfully acclimate to the world around them and become active participants in the community. While we support anyone who walks through our doors, over nearly 25 years, we have developed expertise in serving the Arab, Middle Eastern, Muslim, and South Asian (AMEMSA) immigrant and refugee communities.
AAFSC works across four priority areas—Promote, Get Ready, Prevent, and Communicate—to achieve our ultimate goal of strengthening families. AAFSC promotes mental and physical wellbeing, food security, healthy relationships, and family reunification. We get our families ready to succeed, work, and lead productive lives. We prevent domestic violence, child abuse, and neglect by counseling families, offering case management services to victims of violence, and cultivating healthy relationship skills in young people. Finally, AAFSC communicates the needs of the marginalized, amplifying their voices for increased impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Send your resume, cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.