< < < Back to Employment Opportunities
Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Capacity Building and Organizational Learning
The Arab-American Family Support Center (AAFSC) is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization established in 1994 to provide culturally and linguistically competent, trauma-informed social services. Across our eight locations, we empower immigrants and refugees with the tools they need to successfully acclimate to the world around them and become active participants in the community. While we support anyone who walks through our doors, over nearly 25 years, we have developed expertise in serving the Arab, Middle Eastern, Muslim, and South Asian (AMEMSA) immigrant and refugee communities.
AAFSC works across four priority areas—Promote, Get Ready, Prevent, and Communicate—to achieve our ultimate goal of strengthening families. AAFSC promotes mental and physical wellbeing, food security, healthy relationships, and family reunification. We get our families ready to succeed, work, and lead productive lives. We prevent domestic violence, child abuse, and neglect by counseling families, offering case management services to victims of violence, and cultivating healthy relationship skills in young people. Finally, AAFSC communicates the needs of the marginalized, amplifying their voices for increased impact.
The Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist will be an arm of the Preventive Services
program and is expected to partner with the Preventive program staff, leadership team, and
Capacity Building and Organizational Learning team. The Specialist oversees all quality
improvement, quality assurance and quality control activities for the Preventive Services
department, including developing the strategic vision for these core functions, developing and
implementing processes & procedures related to those core functions, and providing staff support, training & oversight. He or she will also support all aspects of managing internal and external database systems for the Preventive Services program, including staff account management, system troubleshooting and revisions, and quality assurance and control.
A successful person in this role will be organized, have high attention to detail, and have the
capacity to thrive under pressure while working on multiple projects. The Specialist will also have a strong background in systems-change, monitoring and evaluation, and developing and
implementing standard operating procedures. He or she will maintain confidentiality and act with the utmost discretion to support AAFSC’s priority areas as well as act as an ambassador & champion of AAFSC. A commitment to immigrant, refugee and low-income communities is essential for this role.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Work with Preventive program leadership and agency leadership to develop and implement
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control processes to identify and resolve recurring data quality and data integrity issues.
- Develop and manage schedule of quality assurance and quality control activities.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for data collection improvements.
- Design and build custom reports in databases for quality assurance, program and
performance management, and grant management purposes.
- Design and build electronic templates, and standardize, manage and maintain resources on Office 365 SharePoint for Preventive services team.
- Collaborate across team by working with program leadership to implement data driven
strategies to their programs, as required by evolving programmatic or reporting needs.
- Document data quality standards and quality assurance processes.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for data collection improvements.
- Ensure that program is in compliance with all case planning and supervisory documentation.
- Implement and oversee data management strategies and partner with programs to
implement effective data collection systems.
- Guide programs in interpreting analysis of data, records, and Safe Measures reports to
identify performance strengths, trends, and areas in need of improvement.
- Develop relevant and targeted action plans for improvement based on performance
strengths, data trends, and areas of improvement.
- Work with programs to evaluate success of action plans, making corrections as needed.
- Analyze and present data to programs, facilitate discussions, and provide technical
assistance and training as needed to help staff understand and use data to improve program performance.
- Manage quarterly and annual ACS Outcomes, Process, and Practice measures and data and assist with ACS Collaborative Quality Improvement (CoQI) responsibilities.
- Coordinate quality assurance and quality improvement efforts across programs.
- Work in partnership with key staff leaders (responsible for program implementation) to
develop proposals, cases and reports to the board and donors.
- Provide clear and useful reports for staff, board, and other stakeholders as needed to
improve strategies and programs that comply with strategic plans and respond to client
Staff Support & Training
- Provide ongoing training and support to Preventive staff on quality control, quality
assurance, quality improvement and data collection responsibilities and processes.
- Develop, implement and enforce data management and security policies using industry best practices.
- Manage technical training resources and develops new materials as needed.
- Provide additional or ongoing training and support to staff as required.
- Coach and lead diverse teams towards alignment in data, outcomes and overall
- In collaboration with program team, Database and Evaluation Coordinator and senior
management, develop the outcomes and indicators for Preventive Services that allow
accurate, reliable information collection and reporting.
- Actively participate in and influence discussions around reporting requirements, data
collection, data visualization and data analysis.
- Ensure data entry meets contractual and AAFSC program requirements.
- Attention to detail, responsibility and dependability in data reporting to external and
internal database platforms.
- Assist in the administration of surveys, focus groups and other program assessments to
establish an ecosystem map of client needs and gaps in needs.
- Ensure all paperwork and documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Identify the key capabilities needed to perform staff roles and use available resources to ensure that the right people are in the right positions.
- Manage and delegate responsibilities involved in day-to-day operations to allow for efficient and streamlined programming; provide ownership of tasks to team members within a culture of accountability.
- Communicate regularly with staff on performance; review and evaluate staff to make recommendation for staff changes as necessary.
- Coach and mentor all assigned staff members while giving constructive feedback as appropriate.
- Be open to and respond appropriately to positive and negative feedback; encourage others to express their ideas and opinions.
- Motivate, develop and retain staff, providing them with opportunities for professional growth.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and coaching of assigned team members.
- Must ensure that all staff training needs are continually met.
Ambassador & Champion
- Every AAFSC team member serves as an ambassador of the organization and champion of AAFSC’s mission, vision and values. This includes the following:
- Cultivate relationships on behalf of and in support of the organization in partnership with Senior Leadership and the Development & Communications team. This includes being sensitive to and aware of others, providing every client, partner and participant with high-quality service, professional communication, and follow through, and always keeping Senior Leadership and the Development & Communications team aware of any opportunities, challenges, or updates.
- All team members are expected to support the Development and Communications team with any requests in a timely manner, including, but not limited to: grant applications, reports, attendance at meetings, hearings, or other events, and sharing of AAFSC social media, flyers, and other externally-facing communications.
- Always act with integrity, positivity, dedication, and professionalism within the office and externally. This includes, but is not limited to, email communication, verbal communication, communication with colleagues and peers, communication with clients, or communication with external partners or agencies.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in AAFSC meetings and trainings, as well as any off-site meetings and trainings assigned by supervisor.
- Perform other duties assigned as necessary
BACKGROUND & POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree required.
- At least 3 years of experience with database management, quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Experience with NYC child welfare programs and ACS requirements and systems, including PROMIS and Connections, preferred.
- Strong research and/or evaluation experience that includes data collection (e.g. through
surveys), data analysis (quantitative or qualitative), and data visualization (e.g. with
software like Excel, Tableau, or Hive).
- Track record of measurably improving processes and/or outcomes.
- Experience tracking and analyzing data to identify best practices and opportunities for
improvement, which will translate to distilling lessons for inclusion in grant proposals or
corrective action at AAFSC
- Excellent writing and editing skills; strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office products, CRM, and databases.
- Able to properly and accurately maintain electronic filing systems, and develop electronic
templates to be used throughout the department.
- Able to thrive in a busy work environment, be innovative, and make decisions
- Must be able to exercise initiative, independent good judgment, flexibility, discretion, and solid decision-making.
- Positive, can-do attitude with ability to hit the ground running.
- Must be able to maintain client confidentiality.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with all layers of the organization.
- Passion for AAFSC’s mission and vision.
- U.S. Work Authorization required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume, cover letter outlining your fit for this position, and a list of three references (not family members) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.