< < < Back to Employment Opportunities
Training and Technical Assistance Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Capacity Building and Organizational Learning
The Arab-American Family Support Center (AAFSC) is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization established in 1994 to provide culturally and linguistically competent, trauma-informed social services. Across our eight locations, we empower immigrants and refugees with the tools they need to successfully acclimate to the world around them and become active participants in the community. While we support anyone who walks through our doors, over nearly 25 years, we have developed expertise in serving the Arab, Middle Eastern, Muslim, and South Asian (AMEMSA) immigrant and refugee communities.
AAFSC works across four priority areas—Promote, Get Ready, Prevent, and Communicate—to achieve our ultimate goal of strengthening families. AAFSC promotes mental and physical wellbeing, food security, healthy relationships, and family reunification. We get our families ready to succeed, work, and lead productive lives. We prevent domestic violence, child abuse, and neglect by counseling families, offering case management services to victims of violence, and cultivating healthy relationship skills in young people. Finally, AAFSC communicates the needs of the marginalized, amplifying their voices for increased impact.
AAFSC is looking for a dynamic and detail-oriented professional to advance our organizational and programmatic mission, goals, and objectives across all four priority areas, and serve as a specialist in training, technical assistance and developmental learning to strengthen our internal & external impact. A successful person in this role will have a record as a trusted partner to senior leadership and a strong work ethic. The Training & Technical Assistance Manager will be organized, have high attention to detail, strong writing and presentation skills, strong coaching skills, and the capacity to thrive under pressure while working on multiple projects. He or she will lead the development and implementation of strength-based strategies to deliver effective activities for AAFSC staff and participants, as well as external audiences, in these four key areas: capacity-building; technical assistance, on-boarding, and learning and development. A commitment to immigrant, refugee, and low-income communities is essential for this role.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Team Member Capacity Building & Organizational Learning (CBOL)
- Acclimate new hires to the organization policies/procedures, programs and conduct new employee orientation
- Train new employees in groups and 1:1 sessions on organizational and programmatic systems, including Office 365, RingCentral, job-related tools including tablets, as well as other related platforms or technology.
- Collaborate with HR Manager, as well as Program Leads and immediate supervisors to ensure proper on-boarding of all new hires.
Existing Team Members
- Identify training needs of AAFSC staff by evaluating gaps, needs, strengths and weaknesses at the individual, programmatic and organizational level. Use these findings to drive training development and implementation.
- Build the capacity and capabilities of AAFSC staff to meet the needs of clients, community members, and funder requirements.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employee work behavior.
- Conduct refreshers on existing policies, procedures, job-related tools, technology and platforms, and any other related items.
- Support the development of and implementation of all-staff retreats and trainings, as well as specific role and function trainings or meetings.
Programmatic & Organizational CBOL
- Translate program requirements into trainings that will set up employees for success to fulfill program requirements, policies and procedures.
- Build annual training program and prepare teaching plans for each program/service area, as well as for the organization at-large.
- Deliver technical assistance and training on the integration of trauma-informed and resiliency-informed care into agency culture, environment, and service delivery, including but not limited to policy and protocol development, client flow, human resources, etc.
- Work with agency and program leadership to identify operational challenges and create lasting solutions; support implementation of operational changes and document training for reference and replication.
- Assess fidelity and performance of training program and propose strategies to enhance its quality, depth, and/or breadth.
- Design and implement post-training evaluations in conjunction with Database & Evaluation Coordinator to understand their value and impact.
- Actively seek collaborative external partners to increase organizational or programmatic learning and capacity.
- Use AAFSC’s CRM to record and analyze training completion and impact on outcomes; build reports for internal
- Oversee curriculum writing and training material development.
- Utilize evidence-based knowledge and best practices to inform technical assistance activities, training curricula, training materials and other resources.
- Register team members for technical assistance and trainings, as well as maintain accurate and current records of all technical and training activities, including attendance/tracking of individuals’ participation in all technical assistance and training activities.
- Set up and maintain all government accounts for Preventive team members, as well as liaise with appropriate government technical staff for assistance with any issues.
- Manage creation of AAFSC’s internal & external training calendars and offerings, using internal and external data to inform content.
- Conduct research on programming offered in sector and propose recommended additions or changes to our program.
- Communicate, negotiate, and sustain relationships with external partners and potential technical assistance clients.
- Manage check requests and invoicing for all external trainings ensuring timely payment.
- Develop or oversee the production of training handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals.
Ambassador & Champion
- Every AAFSC team member serves as an ambassador of the organization and champion of AAFSC’s mission, vision and values. This includes the following:
- Cultivate relationships on behalf of and in support of the organization in partnership with Senior Leadership and the Development & Communications team. This includes being sensitive to and aware of others, providing every client, partner and participant with high-quality service, professional communication, and follow through, and always keeping Senior Leadership and the Development & Communications team aware of any opportunities, challenges, or updates.
- All team members are expected to support the Development and Communications team with any requests in a timely manner, including, but not limited to: grant applications, reports, attendance at meetings, hearings, or other events, and sharing of AAFSC social media, flyers, and other externally-facing communications.
- Always act with integrity, positivity, dedication, and professionalism within the office and externally. This includes, but is not limited to, email communication, verbal communication, communication with colleagues and peers, communication with clients, or communication with external partners or agencies.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in AAFSC meetings, trainings, and events.
- Provide additional or ongoing training and support to staff, participants and external partners as required.
- Attend external meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Represent organization at professional meetings.
- Regular travel to AAFSC sites and partner sites across NYC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND & POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing in-person training or technical assistance.
- Knowledgeable about coaching staff to achieve performance improvement.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in delivering adult training programs.
- Able to interpret and use real-time data to support process improvement.
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach to training techniques and TA delivery.
- Able to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to master the full training cycle.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques.
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI.
- Able to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to multi-task/manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong aptitude and ability with Office 365, CRMs, and technology more broadly.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, follow-up, and administrative skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends to manage crises, attend events, or meetings.
- Job contingent on pre-employment background check and fingerprint clearance.
- U.S. Work Authorization is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume, cover letter outlining your fit for this position, and a list of three references (not family members) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.